400g NZ king salmon skinned and diced
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
Salt & pepper
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
2 tbsp olive or canola oil
10 small mini-burger buns or round cut sourdough
Salad ingredients (optional)
To kick up the flavour, add capers to the salmon mixture, or use a flavoured mayonnaise such as wasabi mayo. Create a "toppings bar" for the sliders with shredded lettuce, slices of grape tomato, capers, slices of red onion, pickles, and a selection of sauces.
- In a medium bowl, mix salmon, egg, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Form salmon mixture into 10 small patties. Dredge in breadcrumbs to coat all sides.
- In a large skillet, heat oil until hot over medium heat.
- Cook patties in batches until brown on both sides, about 4 minutes each batch.
- Drain salmon cakes on paper towel.
- Serve on buns with dijon mustard if desired.
Recipe by Nurtured Seafood