36 NZ Pacific oysters, half shell
200g fresh watermelon, 10mm thick slices & skin removed
Chilli lime dressing
80ml lime juice
2 small red chillis, seeds removed and finely diced
½ clove fresh garlic, minced
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp vegetable oil
This is the perfect dish for summer get-togethers. The smoky flavour of the BBQ complements the oysters, while the cooling watermelon offers a refreshing balance to the chilli lime dressing.
- Place all ingredients except the watermelon and oysters in a large bowl.
- Whisk to combine then store in an airtight container.
- Pat dry the watermelon with a paper towel. Pre-heat the BBQ hot plate or heavy based fry pan.
- Lightly brush the watermelon with a small amount of oil and grill on the BBQ till slightly charred.
- Remove the watermelon from the heat and allow to cool.
- Cut the watermelon into medium dices.
- Place a small amount on each oyster and then dress with the lime chilli dressing.
Recipe by Nurtured Seafood