125g flour, sifted
1 large egg
60ml cold water
2-3tbsp kimchi juice
2 spring onions, cut into small rounds
Canola oil for frying
2 Tbsp korean soy sauce
½ tsp rice vinegar
½ tsp sugar
1 clove garlic, finely minced
Pinch of red chilli fakes
150g New Zealand King Salmon, diced
8 cooked New Zealand greenshell™ mussels, 4 roughly chopped
- Mix the flour, egg, water, kimchi juice, spring onion, salt in a bowl and stir to form a batter. Allow the mixture to rest for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat an oven to 180°C.
- Heat up a pan and coat with some oil. Ladle the batter onto the pan and add half the salmon and the chopped greenshell mussels.
- Pan-fry for a couple of minutes until the bottom surface turns slightly brown, flip it over and then place the remaining salmon and mussels on top of the pancake.
- Bake in the oven until the pancake is just set and the seafood is hot.
- Garnish with kimchi and coriander on top or to the side.
- Plate and serve with the dipping sauce.
- In a mixing bowl add soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar chilli, garlic.
- Mix well and allow to steep for 1 hour.
Recipe by Nurtured Seafood