300 pearl fish (ghostshark) fillet, diced into 1 inch squares
2 cans chopped tomatoes
½ onion, finely diced
1 zucchini, diced
1 Carrot, diced
1 Chill, finely diced
Small piece of cinnamon bark (or ½ a tsp of powdered cinnamon)
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp of cumin
Bunch of fresh coriander
1 packet of couscous
1 lemon, zested
Bunch of fresh mint
Small pot of Greek yoghurt
Getting the veggies right is the key to this dish. To sweat vegetables, turn the heat under the pan down to low and cover the pan with a lid, checking and stirring occasionally until translucent and soft.
- In a saucepan, sweat diced carrot, zucchini, onion and garlic in a little olive oil until and soft.
- Add tinned tomatoes, cinnamon and cumin and bring to the boil, seasoning well with salt and black pepper, then allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the diced pearl fillets to the simmering mixture then turn off the heat, cover with a lid and leave for 10 minutes.
- Make couscous up as per packet instructions and add the lemon zest.
- Mix yoghurt with the chopped mint.
- Serve the tagine and couscous in a shallow bowl top with a spoonful of the mint yoghurt and garnish with plenty of fresh coriander.
Recipe by Talley's