1 kg agria potatoes, peeled and cut into large chips
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 tbsp thyme, chopped
2 tbsp chives, chopped
60ml extra virgin olive oil
1 kg fillet of hapuku, skinned
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 courgette, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 210ºC fan bake.
- Blanch the chips in boiling water for 4 minutes. Remove, drain and pat dry gently.
- Mix the garlic with the chopped herbs and 30ml of the olive oil.
- Place the fish fillet onto an oiled oven tray. Layer the sliced vegetables in overlapping rows on top of the fish.
- Brush the oil/herb mix over the vegetables and season.
- Heat two pans with the remaining olive oil and fry the chips in batches until golden (or use a deep fryer). Drain.
- Meanwhile, place the fish into the hot oven and cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- For added colour on the fish, grill on high for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Carefully place the fish onto a serving platter.
- Serve with the fries on the side and drizzle the cooking juices over the fish.
Photo: Jason Burgess, Auckland Seafood School
Recipe by John Campbell, Chef, Auckland Seafood School