500g very fresh fish fillets, finely diced
2 Limes, juiced, and the zest of 1
¼ medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
½ Red Capsicum, seeded and diced
3 Tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
½ Mango (optional), thinly sliced
2 ½ tsp flaky Sea Salt
1 ripe Avocado (optional)
The ceviche will keep for a day or two in the fridge if needed – in fact, it's better the longer it's marinated. Great as an entree with tortilla chips, or served as a main on top of rice as a twist on a poke bowl.
- Slice the fresh fish into 1cm cubes. Place the fish in a large bowl and add the zest of one lime, and the juice of two. Gently mix the lime juice & zest through the fish.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the fish, apart from the avocado, and gently mix through.
- Lastly, cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop the flesh from the skin. Cut each half of the avocado into small cubes. Gently fold through the fish mix.
- Cover the ceviche mix and place in the fridge for 30- 45 mins, to allow the acid from the lime to cure the fish as it marinates.
- When the ceviche is done marinating, serve as you like and enjoy.
Recipe by Harbour Fish/The Macpherson Diaries